According to Deloitte, holiday retail sales are expected to rise between 1% and 1.5%.
The holiday season is right around the corner. Although this year’s festivities will look and feel quite different, there’s one thing you can count on to remain the same— shopping!
And there’s no other way to shop for gifts and support local businesses than #ShopSmall all season long.
What is #ShopSmall?
As you may already know, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the nation observes Small Business Saturday— an annual holiday shopping tradition as part of the #ShopSmall movement, dedicated to highlighting the importance of small businesses in local communities and their contribution to the overall economy.
For small business owners
Here at NJSBDC at NJCU, we loyally support the #ShopSmall efforts by spotlighting small businesses situated in Hudson County, as it is our mission to help small businesses grow. We look forward to celebrating Small Business Saturday on November 28th with great excitement and we have something very special planned for this year.
This is how you can participate:
- Shop Small Deals List: Send us special promotions and/or discounts that your small business will be offering during the week of Black Friday/Cyber Monday (BFCM) so we can feature them on our deals list. Your offers will be shared with our extensive network of over 4,000+ clients and partners via email, social media, website, and partners. Submit your offer here.
- #NJSBDCSpotlight: Create a short video testimonial of how your business has survived the COVID-19 pandemic and how our Center helped you thrive. Your videos will be highlighted to our network but be fast because only the first five videos will be accepted. Lights, camera, action!
- American Express Shop Small Resources: Use these materials and tools to let your customers know how they can show up for your small business now and as you prepare for what’s next. Get ahead here.
Your small business will lose great opportunities to maximize on holiday sales if you don’t plan to participate on Small Business Saturday. Take a look at these statistics if you’re still undecided:
- According to data from the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, consumers in the United States spent $19.6 billion at independent retailers and restaurants on Small Business Saturday in 2019.
- According to the Visa Back to Business Study – Holiday Edition, sixty percent of consumers in the United States are planning to do the majority of their shopping with local retailers in 2020.
So, what are you waiting for?
Small business owners, submit your deals and share your stories. Saving your small business is now more important than ever.
Shoppers, get in the holiday spirit! Make a list. Check twice. #ShopSmall. Support your favorite small business and make a big difference.
Share this with someone you know
Sign up & stay informed!
Subscribe to our email newsletter, and we’ll let you know about the latest business information, events, and workshops to help you improve your business skills.